Thursday, November 24, 2005

A Very Royal Morning

Today I had the best celebrity sighting to beat (almost) all celebrity sightings. Who else but Prince William came to visit my workplace this morning. There are some advantages of working in finance after all.

We waited with much anticipation to his arrival and were rewarded with the briefest glimpse as he was quickly ushered through our department. I think they were trying to shield him from the awed hush and rampant staring. Our department are obviously not the epitomy of coolness. We were warned not to take photos or request autographs, but no one managed to even get close enough to slip him their phone number. Much to the disappointment of Jessica who entrusted me to the task of slipping hers. She was highly miffed that she missed chance for her title of "Princess" to be made official.

A second attempt by me to head out to lunch, just at the time Will and his entourage were to head upstairs, was thwarted by one of my co-workers so that was it for my royal sighting.

Still I got to see the future King of England. Cant complain about that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about the Wonderful World of Prince Willy as your next little project? : )