Monday, March 06, 2006

A Letter from my Liver

Dear Madam,

For many years now you and I have had an unspoken agreement about the terms of our relationship. You indulge fairly occasionally (once or twice a month) giving me plenty of time to recover between drinking sessions while I faithfully process all toxins you feed to me.

But now I find you have broken the terms of our agreement and I must protest.

Three nights in a row of steady drinking is completely unacceptable!! I find no time to recover before you bombard me with yet more alcohol and fatty foods.

This must stop, or else I will be forced to abandon you and find work elsewhere.

You have been warned.

Yours resentfully,

Your Liver

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, how very Phantom of The Opera.... Phantom of my Liver, Liver of my Opera... Hmm, perhaps I need to put a bit more work in there... Oh well... Do tell us what prompted said bender and the revolt of your liver, some of us are bored.

Mel & Guy said...

Nothing that exciting I'm afraid, just out on the piss Thur, Fri & Sat and my body is protesting.

Anonymous said...

Damn not having email at work, damn it all to hell...

Damn also the inability of a bank to pay me on time...

Still, I'll soon have money again (hoorah) and I can get my liver complaining again... It's been mostly other parts that have been complaining lately. St Pats is coming up and it's my last day of work here...