Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Down with da kids...sort of...

I've dipped my toe into the murky waters of My Space but haven't really gotten into it as such. (Yes, I know I only have 6 friends!) I know it's supposed to have launched the Artic Monkeys and other hip new acts but I haven't really got around to checking out the music side of it till now.

The snarky gossip newsletter Popbitch last week linked to this new UK based singer on My Space called Mika. (Not NZ's former cabaret style performer Mika, another one) This Mika is a fabulous mix of operatic rock pop stylings in the vein of Rufus Wainwright, Queen, old skool Elton John...etc. In other words, gay! Oh so gay and oh so brilliant. His song Grace Kelly is a musical ray of sunshine in this dark gloomy winter.

Speaking of Teh Gay, another musical act with a handy My Space page is IAMX. I recently obtained a copy of their album (don't ask how) which is great German electro pop. (And that is not an oxymoron!) From the guy behind the Sneaker Pimps, their music is dark sensual electro which is also Fabulous, but less Elton John and more Ghetto (the club).


So anyways Tom, when do I get my pimpage fee?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Southern california bmw dealers tucson plastic surgeons offices of

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » » »