Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Phew!

The Crazy-Birthday-Fun-Time-Week that was is finally over and I'm feeling a little flat. Not surprising really considering not only it was my birthday AND the Big Day Out but the lovely Liz Larvin travelled all the way over from Blighty to come and visit me. (And her sister down in Chch as well)

During those 7 days I managed two gigs, four nights out, racked up 100(s) of kms on my Honda Civic Bitchmobile(tm Liz), three days off work (yay!), numerous celebrity/muso spottings including My Chemical Romance and Daniel Beddingfield who we saw not once, but twice, one birthday dinner and lots of cool pressies, consumed a heck of a lot of alcohol, and not much sleep.

It was loads of fun and especially great seeing Liz. She made me realise how much I miss London and the London peeps I left behind. Now it's back to reality and back to work. *sigh* Ah well, at least it's still summer.

Sidenote: Not only did we see Daniel Beddingfield but we managed to humilate him both times. Classic.

2 comments:

Squirk said...

How did you humiliate the poor Mr Beddingfield?

Oh, and happy birthday!

Mel & Guy said...

Thanks! I posted the story above. It's kinda long winded.