Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Ever seen a trailer for a really crap movie and wondered where the hell did they get that idea?

Apparently those are the good ideas.

Query Letters I Love... has the rejected ones.

My favourite is the crazed vampire terrorizing helpless airplane passengers. If they're not careful Anne Rice might steal that and give us the hapless vampire's perpective for her next novel.

For those of you not up with the screenplay lingo, query letters are effectively one to 2 paragraph summaries of the script designed to capture the essence of the movie. Or in this case the twisted psyche of wannabe scriptwriters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, Melelanie, back to your old tricks? Anne Rice? Shouldn't you be working? Or at lunch, or something? Don't look at me like that, we all know I never do anything I'm supposed to at work, hell I don't even show up on time...