Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Being there is everything

Yesterday I saw little sis off at the airport. She was flying home via our little ol' national carrier, Air NZ. And wonderful home-spun airline that they are, her flight was delayed by 5 hours. So we got to hang around firstly in the check-in queue for a good hour, then I was herded along with my sister and the other Air NZ passengers to the Marriott Heathrow where I managed to score a free glass of fine and a free meal as they thought I was also a passenger. There's nothing like the camaraderie of disgruntled, delayed airline passengers.

Luckily I managed to slip away before I was ushered into the line for the Departure lounge where I probably would have got a bollocking for not having a) my passport on me or b) a valid airline ticket.

It was a very bizarre experience though. I don't think I've been around that many kiwi accents for a very long time. It was weird....
How am I going to handle it when I get home?

1 comment:

Squirk said...

"Wulcum to Niew Zillind. Please keep all your buggage with you ut all toimes."